Wednesday, December 07, 2005

story writing

DD5 wrote a story the other day. It started by her asking me questions about words (what word has 3 o's? What word has 3 m's?) I came up with zoologist and mommy. She decided to turn it in to a story. So she connected my words with her own words, and this is what the story said:

my mommy is a zoologist.

Then she decided she needed a title, so we came up with "My Mommy". She wrote this at the top of the page. She was really in a writing mood yesterday, because then I had to painstakingly dictate each letter to "the christmas bells" for her to write.

Yesterday was a productive day for school. We did addition story problems in math. DD3 saw us acting out the addition story using pigs manipulatives and the barnyard mat. So then she wanted to play with the pigs too, and we worked on counting. The pigs got a little crazy because 2 of them ate apples from the tree and yet another pig jumped off of the barn and decided to fly. Gives new meaning to "when pigs fly". DD3's temp came down yesterday - she was fine until 2pm when it went up to 101. She was fine after some tylenol. It didn't climb much at all until bedtime, when it was 99.6. I gave her medicine anyway, since I know it tends to climb after she's been asleep for awhile. She slept through the night without any wake up calls. I have a dr appt scheduled for her this morning, but I think I will cancel it.

btw, I'm not really a zoologist;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home