Thursday, December 01, 2005

homeschool in the car

We've had a busy, on-the-go week. Now that we live in the country, every errand takes us 30 mins away from home. So naturally, we try to combine errands and make one full day of it. This week, we had 2 full errand running days and as much as I wanted to avoid them - they had to happen. We skipped school on Monday - my intentions were to do school when we got home, but it seems impossible to do school in the afternoons, especially when everyone is tired from being out all day. Wednesday was our 2nd errand day this week. So we brought school with us! I took a clipboard, workbook pages, and twistable crayons (great for travel, I found out!) I spent a little time between each stop explaining the page. DD5 loved doing workbook pages in the car and kept asking for the next page. DD3 kept complaining that she wanted a workbook page in the car. I will need to bring a clipboard and paper for her next errand day! Between workbook pages in the car and a surprise run to McD's, we had a great outting. And now I'm not as opposed to having those full days out of the house.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger melanie said...

I used to love those twist crayons too, until I had a BOY who has to take everything APART!!! He loves them, because he untwists all of them and then pulls the crayon out and breaks it into pieces LOL. We've settled on pencil crayons, because they don't break very easily, and they don't draw very good on the floor LOL.

Sounds like you are having fun with your girls! I haven't been doing any formal schooling with Z but I am amazed by what he picks up just from being around E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home