Saturday, October 29, 2005

occupying the preschooler & more

Yesterday was an extremely successful day of homeschool. It was the dream day of homeschool - the day you imagine having everyday before you set out to actually start homeschooling.

In phonics, we learned the -ck sound for the end of words. DD5 caught on immediately. And to think I fretted about this the night before.

In math, I read a story about a duck & her eggs. The lesson was about 11 & 12. Per the book's instructions, I hid 11 plastic easter eggs around the house. As DD5 & DD3 found eggs, I had them place them in an empty egg container that holds 12 eggs. I saved egg#12 for last, for introducing 12, after we had talked about 11. The kids had a blast & were attentive to the lesson. DD3 was occupied for the rest of the lesson by taking eggs out & putting eggs back in to the carton, and re-arranging the colors. This will be a great tool for teaching addition & subtraction later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home