Monday, November 14, 2005

Schedules...bah!!

Ok, so I read "Managers of Their Homes" by Steve & Teri Maxwell. So here is my update: I made a schedule that I think looks really good. It looks like I should accomplish a lot of things in my day, and get a few rest periods, too. I was eager to start it today. Well...

We had a rough night. I didn't get up at 7:30, as planned, but woke shortly after 8. So there goes my morning computer time. Exhausted, I got right in to my day.

I had a ton of shipping to do for our home business. It took priority today, so there goes lessons...

Other things came up, too - like today was my one shot at getting a free haircut. So that happened too. That's not on the schedule!

So the schedule didn't happen, not at all. I was rather grumpy about not using my schedule, but then I realized...Some days will be schedule days & some days will not. Today was not a schedule day. On the days where I wake up & have all the regular things to do - those will be schedule days. Some days will be half-schedule days. Wednesday is our library day. So Wednesday will be a half schedule day. We'll follow the schedule in the morning, then stop the schedule to go to library. When we get home from the library, then we will pick up the schedule again. Or, I can pick up a block here or there from the schedule that I want to follow (maybe we'll want to do our morning schedule block in the afternoon, after we get home, instead of doing our normally scheduled afternoon block). The schedule just helps me put things into blocks of time & organize my responsibilities, so that everything gets a little bit of Mama throughout the day. Its so I can have a plan for my day and not wonder what I'm doing.

I have to make a correction to my last post: MOTH does have schedules of moms to less than 5 kids, and kids all under the age of 4. It is nice to see how moms of young kids organize their day. So far, I give MOTH a good review. It has a lot of good tips on managing your time, and a lot of good tips for managing your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home