Saturday, May 13, 2006

We Finished K!!

We finished kindergarten!! We ended Phonics early - we did units 1-5, but did not complete unit 6. BJU has Unit 6 as optional, anyway. We did finish our math, from beginning to end. I feel like this was a big accomplishment! I was so excited to finish; now I am left with a small twinge of sadness and the feeling of "what now?" We actually had a full week or more of math left, but upon hearing that we were almost done, DD5 said "let's finish it tonight!" It actually took us 2 days to finish (she wanted to keep going, but got tired out after 3 workbook pages, so I insisted that we finish the next day). She was so excited about "graduating kindergarten". She even decided herself that she should have a reward, and the reward would be that the whole family sits down and plays Barbies with her. And so we did. Now she is insisting that we should start 1st grade this Sunday! LOL. I'm not sure why she is so motivated, when she gave me such a hard time throughout the year. I realize now the importance of small rewards to motivate her to keep going. In retrospect, I could've offered more praise, and small rewards for meeting certain goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home