Friday, March 24, 2006

What we're doing now...

Update on what we are doing now...

Top 250 words, arranged by common sounds. We spend 15 minutes each day and sometimes review during the day.

Math (same program)

Sometimes we do our phonics workbook pages. I don't know why I feel like I should finish it!!

I looked through BJU's 1st grade 2nd edition (ours is 3rd edition). I noticed that the first book seems to be mostly review of kindergarten. Some new sight words were introduced, but most of the lessons were review. I didn't look in the 2nd book, so I'm not sure how much of that was new material. As we talked about at co-op today, every year seems to teach a repeat of the previous year. So why am I so worried about teaching dd5 everything she needs to know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home