Friday, March 24, 2006

1st grade rough draft again...

I like to jot down my rough draft for 1st grade (yes, you've seen the list before, but it keeps changing! LOL) It helps me to keep things straight, rather than the same thoughts bouncing around my head.

Math: BJU 1st grade, 2nd edition (wish they had 3rd edition out!)

Language Arts/spelling: Phonics Pathways or Spell to Write and Read

History: Story of the World and History Pockets. Haven't decided on buying the activity guide for SOTW yet, may just stick with the 2 items above.

Science: Evan-Moor Hands On Science (if they have a natural science) or ScienceWorks, try to get some of the titles that go along with TWTM's theme for science.

Art: Evan-Moor Teaching Art to Children

Music: undecided if I will do yet. May use Bastien piano for 5-7 yos, may use Alfred's Music for Little Mozarts.

Phys Ed: if I can get my butt in gear, we'll do a mix of karate, aerobics, and just plain running around. If I could only get myself to exercise, kids could run around or jump in line with me.

Notes:
I just saw Pyramid (extra exercises to go along with Phonics Pathways) today. I really liked it until I noticed that it didn't include all of the same lessons as PP. It teaches short vowel, long vowel, adding y?, and large multisyllable words, but left out all the other stuff. I loved the way the lessons were laid out and loved the amount of practice for each lesson. I would prefer the amount of work in Pyramid since PP seems like too much. But I wish it continued through all the lessons, like PP does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home