Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring...happened!! (finally!)

Spring finally happened here on our 10 acres. Our swamps are alive at night with a million different croaking creatures. I hope to take the kids down there soon to see spring in action. We saw a quail-like bird (probably a quail!) on our dirt road yesterday. And a road-kill bunny:( Last night, I think we heard ducks, but I'm not sure if anyone has ducks around here. The days are filled with the songs of singing birds. I love spring!! Our puddles are drying up, which is nice too. Yesterday, I had errands to run. DD5 did schoolwork in the car and then we went to the park. I promised them the first 50 degree day, we'd go to the park. And so we went...

I had a strong craving for chocolate cake with chocolate chips (hmmm, must have really wanted chocolate!) So we made chocolate cupcakes. The kids dug right in. DD3 cracked her egg and missed the bowl; it was all over the counter. I let the kids do a preliminary mix of the batter before putting it in my kitchenaide mixer. When I turned my back, the two kids heartily licked their spoons:) DD5 took the initiative and started pouring batter into the cupcake holders, spreading batter EVERYWHERE. DD3 helped by sticking her fingers in the dripping batter and then licking them. Needless to say, everyone was covered in chocolate. Daddy came home and was impressed with our tasty treats. I was surprised that the cupcakes turned out so well! And of course, we had chocolate cupcakes for breakfast today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home