Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Preschool

My 3yo is interested in all the typical preschool stuff. She especially loves cutting and has learned how to cut out pictures. She practices cutting a lot!! I spend a lot of time scouping up little pieces of paper from the floor, chair, and table. She has been trying to write her name, so I have started teaching her how to print letters. We are using Handwriting Without Tears. So far, we have used the HWT chalkboard to practice the first letter in her name, "Z". We have also used playdo to make a "Z" on the chalkboard. Soon I will print off HWT paper and have her print Z on paper. She loves to practice writing Z on pieces of paper. When she first learned to print a Z she said, "I'm good at this game!" To a preschooler, learning to sound out letters and write letters isn't a huge revelation that leads to conveying ideas and reading life-changing literature. Its a GAME! And its fun! The other day, I heard her in the car say "smnf" and then she exclaimed "I sounded out a word!" LOL. Its amazing to see these little steps and know that this puts her on a lifelong path of learning, reading, and sharing ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home