Friday, February 03, 2006

Homeschool Co-op

We joined the local homeschool co-op, which happens every other Friday (so every 2 weeks). We love our co-op!! It really seems to fill in the extras that we would like to do on our own, but just don't take the time to do. The day is so busy! We have 10 minutes between classes. It is just barely enough time to pick up 2 kids from their last classes and deliver them both to their next classes, and then get myself to a class where I help out. Remember the first week of high school, when you had to find your classes in a crowded hall of other students? Co-op has that same crazy feel (but in a positive way!) with a huge gathering of homeschool students bustling from one class to the next and trying to find the right room. Imagine managing your high school schedule, but for 3 people!! It is a lot of fun and it is such an awesome support system for the homeschool moms. I leave feeling rejuvenated about my teaching "career". Here are my daughters classes:

DD5: 1st hour class is about Stranger Safety. 2nd hour: ballet. 3rd hour: storybook art. 4th hour: she hangs out with me. 5th hour: sign language

DD3: 1st hour Action Adventure (she learns her ABCs). 2nd hour: ballet. 3rd hour: Action Bible Stories. 4th hour: Playdo. 5th hour: playtime in the gym.

Me: 1st hour Blissful quiet time ALONE. 2nd hour: I help out in ballet with my daughters. 3rd hour: I help out in karate. 4th hour: DD5 goes with me & we attend a Mom's support group. 5th hour: I help out with the little ones in the gym, DD3 is with me.

We rush to fit a small snack in between classes. Everyone is tired by the time we leave & ready for a nap. We try to spend about 5 minutes per day practicing what we learned in our co-op classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home