Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Subtraction & -ing words

We are learning subtraction in math. I taught 4-3=1 for our example. DD5 picked up on this and right away turned the equation around to read 3+1=4. I'm not sure how much of that she understood, but I was amazed that she came up with that concept. We are also learning to count by 5s to 50. She wants to count by 5s to 100, so I promised her that we would do that as soon as she can count to 50 easily. I posted our 100 chart on our kitchen cabinet so that we can work on this in a few minutes each day as I go about my kitchen work.

So far we have covered sh, ch, th, wh, and now we are learning -ing. We've learned words such as bring, ring, sing, thing, and now words that end with the -ing ending, such as fishing, singing, etc. Tomorrow we will cover -nk (thank, ink, etc.). I was thinking I would take this opportunity to practice writing "thank you" and send thank you cards to Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle E for the nice Valentine's presents they sent.

We had a homeschool Valentine's Day party at our house last week. It was crazy with 6 moms and 13 kids, but a lot of fun. We had mostly boys here. We decided not to do craft projects but to let the kids run and have a good time, doing their own thing. I wanted to take pictures, but found myself so busy that everyone started leaving by the time I finally was able to settle down and enjoy the party myself! Everyone brought snacks to share, valentines to pass out, and a decorated valentine's box to hold their cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home